Your Welsh Bucket List
31 May 2020
North Wales was named one of the Top 10 regions by Lonely Planet – here at Marine Holiday Park we know why! North Wales is one of the most stunning places we believe you can visit.
Fun Fact – Wales has the most castles per square mile in the world! – North Wales is home for many of them.
Team Marine has years of experiences, majority of the team have grown up in North Wales so therefore have a great knowledge on must visit beauty spots and adventures. Over on our Facebook Page we have listed some suggestions for your Welsh Bucket List. Below we have listed some ideas for you and your family –
In no particular order –
- Llandudno – The Great Orme is a must visit for the whole family you can even take the dogs! You can take the Tramway, walk or drive around the base of it via Marine Drive for a scenic route.
- Bodnant Garden – 80 acres of hillside stocked with plants from around the world. The must see here is of course the famous Laburnum arch which is the longest in the U.K. Stunning views of the Conwy valley towards the Carneddau mountains.
- Conwy and Conwy Castle – Conwy is a walled market town with so much to do! From walking the grounds of the castle to the cobbled streets and beach there is something for everyone. Conwy is extremely pet friendly so all family members can enjoy this day out.
- Aberfalls – One of the most famous waterfalls here in North Wales. A fantastic walk or bike ride!
- Meliden Mountain – A short drive from us here at Marine Holiday Park, this is a personal favourite for our Maintenance Manager Michelle. A great walk for everyone, Michelle loves taking her daughters and son up here for some breathtaking views.
- Llyn Tegid (Bala Lake) – A day you will never forget! A personal recommendation from Park Manager, Rio. Growing up in North Wales, Rio said that one of her favourite memories was Lake Days with friends. Remember to take a picnic and your swimming costume.
- Dyserth Waterfall – A short drive from us here at Marine and recommended by Sales Manager, Louise. A lovely day for all the family, make sure you enjoy a hot chocolate from the Waterfall Cafe.
- Rhyl Beach – On our very own doorstep! A short walk from Marine and you can enjoy a lovely walk right along the promenade. Have the sand between your toes and enjoy the sound of the seaside.
They are just some of our recommendations! We have years of knowledge of North Wales and will of course be able to make many suggestions and tailor a day out for you and your family.
View all news